Aspheres directly from stock
The StockOptics Aspheres product range includes an exclusive selection of standardized optics. Choose between asphericon a|High-NA, a|Low-NA and a|UV-grade fused silica as well as up to three different quality levels (Precision, Ultra and BeamTuning). Thanks to CNC polishing and grinding this aspheric lens meets the highest demands on production quality and tolerance:
- Precision polished Aspheres (a|High-NA made of S-LAH64, a|Low-NA made of N-BK7 and a|FusedSilica made of fused silica)
- Quality levels: Precision (RMSi < 0.5 nm, wavefront RMS up to < 235), Ultra (RMSi up to < 0.1; wavefront RMS up to < 51) and BeamTuning (RMSi < 0.02; wavefront RMS < 10)
- CNC grinding & polishing for superior surface roughness
- Materials: S-LAH64, N-BK7, FusedSilica
- Diameter: 10 mm to 100 mm
- Available with high-quality AR- and V-coatings
- Off-the-shelf delivery for short lead times
- Files for optical design and drawings available (Zemax, CodeV, OSLO, VirtuelLabTM, Step)
a|FusedSilica aspheres now with even better surface roughness!
Discover the a|FusedSilica product lines: Precision, Ultra and BeamTuning. Optimized for a wide range of (laser) applications, as prototypes in test devices or as standard components for beam focusing/collimating, the new fused silica aspheres are particularly suitable for high laser powers. Besides additional diameters, all a|FusedSilicas are now also available with high-precision V-coatings (355 nm, 532 nm and 1064 nm).
a|FusedSilica aspheres at a glance:
- Precison Line: RMSi ≤ 0.5 μm and wavefront RMS ≤ 235 nm perfectly tailored for your UV application
- Ultra Line: ultra-precision optics with surface form deviation ≤ 0.3 μm and wavefront RMS ≤ 140 nm
- BeamTuning line: high-end finished optics for lowest roughness of ≤ 0.5 nm, RMSi ≤ 0.02 μm and wavefront RMS ≤ 10 nm
Further information can also be found within the video „UV Aspheres for high power laser applications“.
Discover our BeamTooling App and calculate important optical properties of StockOptics aspheres online.
- Illustration of a|Asphere properties used at a wavelength other than the design wavelength
- Calculation of effective focal length (EFL) and working distance (WD)
- ... and further calculations of the BeamTuning range
The app is available in the Apple and Google App Stores.
You can also use the web version for calculation.
|S-LAH64 Aspheres||N-BK7 Aspheres||Fused Silica Aspheres|
|Diameter||10-50 mm||12,5-100 mm||12.5-50 mm|
|Diameter Tolerance||+0/-0.05 mm||+0/-0.05 mm||+0/-0.05 mm|
|λDesign||780 nm||780 nm||285 nm, 355 nm|
|Surface Form Deviation (RMSi)||≤0.5 µm||≤0.5 µm||up to ≤0.02 µm|
|EFL Tolerance||≤0.1 %||≤0.1 %||≤0.1 %|
|Surface Imperfections (Scratch/Dig)||60 - 40||60 - 40||20 - 20|
|Center Thickness Tolerance||± 0.05 mm||± 0.05 mm||± 0.05 mm|
|Clear Aperture||≥ 90 %||≥ 90 %||≥ 90 %|
Advantages of StockOptics Aspheres
The advantages of precision-made aspheres combined with the cost advantages of serial production: StockOptics aspheres can be ordered directly from stock via the webshop. Benefit from fast availability and short delivery times.
Perfectly aligned, selected a|Aspheres (diameter 12.5 mm to 25.4 mm) are also available with high-precision mounts and a decentration of < 10 µm. Mounts labeled with the lens specifications allow uncomplicated use in a wide range of applications.
Increase the efficiency of your optical components with high-quality coatings. asphericon manufactures optical coatings in the spectral range from UV (190 nm) to the near infrared (5 µm) with reasonable delivery times and reliable service.
Our StockOptics aspheres are available in the webshop with the following standard coatings:
A-Coating: RMAX<1.0%, RAVG≤0.4%, 400-600 nm, AOI=0°
B-Coating: RMAX<1.0%, RAVG≤0.4%, 600-1050 nm, AOI=0°
C-Coating: RMAX<1.0%, RAVG≤0.4%, 1000-1600 nm, AOI=0°
X-Coating: RMAX<1.0%, RAVG≤0.4%, 240-380 nm, AOI=0
a|FusedSilica Aspheres are also available with the following V-Coatings:
K-Coating: R<0.25%, 355 nm, AOI=0°
L-Coating: R<0.25%, 532 nm, AOI=0°
M-Coating: R<0.25%, 1064 nm, AOI=0
The corresponding measured curves are available on request.
For a seamless planning of your optical set-up, asphericon also provides the appropriate optical design files (CodeV, etc.). Convince yourself of the unique accuracy of our a|Aspheres and get the design files free of charge in our webshop.