Series of workshops asphericon ACADEMY at Laser World of Photonics 2019
Jena, April 2019: Parallel to this year’s Laser World of Photonics in Munich, asphericon organizes practice-oriented workshops on optical design, manufacturing and metrology. asphericon ACADEMY focuses on applications with aspheres and freeforms. All three workshops are designed in such a way that they complement each other and can therefore be excellently combined.
What can you expect?
Workshop participants will get a structured overview of current technologies, trends and best-practice examples. asphericon’s VP Strategy & Innovation and speaker, Dr. Ulrike Fuchs, provides a better understanding of how to design highly sophisticated optical elements that are both manufacturable and ready to use. Combined with valuable hints directly from practice, she provides inspiration for new solutions and answers questions about the real challenges facing participants. The price includes training material with many take-home messages as well as day tickets for Laser World of Photonics 2019 exhibition.
Who should participate?
- Optical Designers
- Technical Project Managers
- Engineers with a manufacturing background
- Laser Scientists
WORKSHOP #1: ASPHERE
- Deeper understanding of surface descriptions for aspheres (ISO 10110, Zemax, CodeV)
- Maximum use of your optical design with aspheres
- Tolerancing concepts (ISO 10110, Zemax, CodeV) to ensure that your asphere design is ready for manufacturing
- Optimization of manufacturability with maximum cost efficiency
- Considering design effects on the overall optical system
- Challenges and opportunities in high-end finishing approaches
Date 1: 24.06.2019 | 9:00 am
Date 2: 25.06.2019 | 2:00 pm
WORKSHOP #2: FREEFORM
- What is new for surface descriptions for freeform surfaces? (ISO 10110, Zemax, Code V)
- New opportunities and challenges with freeform design
- Tolerancing concepts that help with performance prediction
- Latest examples for demonstrating current possibilities in freeform manufacturing
- Challenges and opportunities in high-end finishing approaches and metrology
Date 1: 24.06.2019 | 2:00 pm
Date 2: 26.06.2019 | 9:00 am
WORKSHOP #3: MANUFACTURING/METROLOGY
- Application- and price-oriented analysis of classical manufacturing vs. sub-aperture grinding / polishing for aspheres / freeforms
- Limits and possibilities of modern metrology approaches (form, geometry, roughness, wavefront)
- Maximizing system performance by learning about manufacturing statistics
- Alignment of optical design and manufacturing realities
- Better understand technical drawings
Date 1: 25.06.2019 | 9:00 am
Date 2: 26.06.2019 | 2:00 pm
Mix and match the workshops according to the day and time best suited to your visit of Laser World of Photonics (day ticket included). Take the opportunity to exchange experiences with the technology leader in aspheric and freeform manufacturing.
Further information and registration at: www.xing-events.com/asphericonACADEMY_expertise2go